3 days / 2 nights
Scottish Highlands and Whisky region
Maximum group size 16 passengers.
+44 (0)2921 660 747
Small group tour: Speyside Whisky Tour
Dunkeld, Pitlochry and Dalwhinnie Distillery
Departing from Edinburgh we head north over the Firth of Forth and in to Scotland's Highlands. Our first stop will be the historic village of Dunkeld where we enjoy a short walk through the forest to the atmospheric and secluded waterfalls. After lunch in Victorian resort town of Pitlochry we make our first distillery visit at Dalwhinnie – the highest distillery in the country and the closest to the source of the River Spey. From here we follow the river north through the beautiful landscapes of the Cairngorm National Park to the small town of Grantown-on-Spey in the heart of Whisky country and your base for the next two nights.
Highlights: Dunkeld, Pitlochry, Dalwhinnie Distillery, Cairngorm National Park and Grantown on Spey.
Speyside Malt Distilleries and the Speyside Cooperage
On day two, we enjoy an entire day exploring Scotland's most renowned whisky region. After a picturesque drive toward the coast we stop firstly at the family owned Benromach Distillery for a personalised tour. Then we continue to nearby Elgin, home of Gordon and Macphail, one of the world's leading specialist whisky bottlers and suppliers. Travelling back up the course of the river Spey to Craigellachie, we make a stop at the Speyside Cooperage where whisky barrels are prepared and experience another side of this intriguing Scottish tradition. After lunch here or in nearby Aberlour we make a final visit to Cardhu Distillery, the most important whisky in Johnnie Walker Black Label.
Highlights: Elgin, Spey Valley, Speyside Cooperage and Cardhu Distillery.
The Cairngorm Mountains, the Glenlivet Distillery and Braemar
Today we return south through the beautiful Cairngorm Mountains. Our first stop is The Glenlivet Distillery where we note only discover the distillery but also enjoy its magnificent setting within a beautiful glen boasting romantic walking routes and wonderful wildlife. As we continue in to Royal Deeside we pass by the Queen's Scottish residence at Balmoral Castle before a stop in the nearby village of Braemar in the heart of the National Park and famous for its annual Highland Games. From here the route south passes over Scotland's highest mountain pass then through the Perthshire countryside before arriving back in Edinburgh where your tour ends at approximately 6.30pm.
Highlights: Cairngorm Mountains, Braemar, the Glenlivet and Perthshire.
Small group tours: Speyside Whisky Tour
- 2 nights accommodation (choice of B&B/Guest House or Hotel*).
- Full Scottish Breakfast each morning.
- All transportation by luxury mini-coach.
- Maximum group-size of 16 passengers for that intimate touring experience.
- Services of a professional driver/guide.
- Expert local advice during the planning of your trip.
- Postage of your vacation documents pack.
- Attraction entry / attraction admission however admission to some sites on this itinerary are free of charge.
- Entry and tasting fees at the distilleries are NOT included in the price to give you more choice and the options of extra tastings on the day. We recommend that you budget approximately £25-£30 for the tours and tastings throughout the trip.
- Pre or post tour hotel accommodation in Edinburgh.
- Airport transfers or transport to/from Edinburgh before/after your tour.
- Onward rail travel to destination throughout Britain.
* Please Note: All accommodation is minimum 3* rated (guest accommodation or hotel rated) and guarantees private / en-suite bathroom facilities. Specific accommodation is selected and allocated after confirmation of your booking. As this tour offers a choice of accommodation type the tour group do not all stay in the same establishment.
Small group tours: Speyside Whisky Tour
DEPARTURE DATES 2017
(per person, sharing twin/ double)
(per person, sharing twin/ double)
|Wed 15 Mar, 2017||Fri 17 Mar, 2017||£279||£299|
|Wed 22 Mar, 2017||Fri 24 Mar, 2017||£279||£299|
|Wed 29 Mar, 2017||Fri 31 Mar, 2017||£279||£299|
|Wed 05 Apr, 2017||Fri 07 Apr, 2017||£279||£299|
|Wed 12 Apr, 2017||Fri 14 Apr, 2017||£279||£299|
|Wed 19 Apr, 2017||Fri 21 Apr, 2017||£279||£299|
|Wed 03 May, 2017||Fri 05 May, 2017||£279||£299|
|Fri 05 May, 2017||Sun 07 May, 2017||£279||£299|
|Wed 10 May, 2017||Fri 12 May, 2017||£279||£299|
|Fri 12 May, 2017||Sun 14 May, 2017||£279||£299|
|Wed 17 May, 2017||Fri 19 May, 2017||£279||£299|
|Fri 19 May, 2017||Sun 21 May, 2017||£279||£299|
|Wed 24 May, 2017||Fri 26 May, 2017||£279||£299|
|Fri 26 May, 2017||Sun 28 May, 2017||£279||£299|
|Mon 29 May, 2017||Wed 31 May, 2017||£279||£299|
|Wed 31 May, 2017||Fri 02 Jun, 2017||£279||£299|
|Fri 02 Jun, 2017||Sun 04 Jun, 2017||£295||£315|
|Mon 05 Jun, 2017||Wed 07 Jun, 2017||£295||£315|
|Wed 07 Jun, 2017||Fri 09 Jun, 2017||£295||£315|
|Fri 09 Jun, 2017||Sun 11 Jun, 2017||£295||£315|
|Mon 12 Jun, 2017||Wed 14 Jun, 2017||£295||£315|
|Wed 14 Jun, 2017||Fri 16 Jun, 2017||£295||£315|
|Fri 16 Jun, 2017||Sun 18 Jun, 2017||£295||£315|
|Mon 19 Jun, 2017||Wed 21 Jun, 2017||£295||£315|
|Wed 21 Jun, 2017||Fri 23 Jun, 2017||£295||£315|
|Fri 23 Jun, 2017||Sun 25 Jun, 2017||£295||£315|
|Mon 26 Jun, 2017||Wed 28 Jun, 2017||£295||£315|
|Wed 28 Jun, 2017||Fri 30 Jun, 2017||£295||£315|
|Fri 30 Jun, 2017||Sun 02 Jul, 2017||£295||£315|
|Mon 03 Jul, 2017||Wed 05 Jul, 2017||£295||£315|
|Wed 05 Jul, 2017||Fri 07 Jul, 2017||£295||£315|
|Fri 07 Jul, 2017||Sun 09 Jul, 2017||£295||£315|
|Mon 10 Jul, 2017||Wed 12 Jul, 2017||£295||£315|
|Wed 12 Jul, 2017||Fri 14 Jul, 2017||£295||£315|
|Fri 14 Jul, 2017||Sun 16 Jul, 2017||£295||£315|
|Mon 17 Jul, 2017||Wed 19 Jul, 2017||£295||£315|
|Wed 19 Jul, 2017||Fri 21 Jul, 2017||£295||£315|
|Fri 21 Jul, 2017||Sun 23 Jul, 2017||£295||£315|
|Mon 24 Jul, 2017||Wed 26 Jul, 2017||£295||£315|
|Wed 26 Jul, 2017||Fri 28 Jul, 2017||£295||£315|
|Fri 28 Jul, 2017||Sun 30 Jul, 2017||£295||£315|
|Mon 31 Jul, 2017||Wed 02 Aug, 2017||£295||£315|
|Wed 02 Aug, 2017||Fri 04 Aug, 2017||£295||£315|
|Fri 04 Aug, 2017||Sun 06 Aug, 2017||£295||£315|
|Mon 07 Aug, 2017||Wed 09 Aug, 2017||£295||£315|
|Wed 09 Aug, 2017||Fri 11 Aug, 2017||£295||£315|
|Fri 11 Aug, 2017||Sun 13 Aug, 2017||£295||£315|
|Mon 14 Aug, 2017||Wed 16 Aug, 2017||£295||£315|
|Wed 16 Aug, 2017||Fri 18 Aug, 2017||£295||£315|
|Fri 18 Aug, 2017||Sun 20 Aug, 2017||£295||£315|
|Mon 21 Aug, 2017||Wed 23 Aug, 2017||£295||£315|
|Wed 23 Aug, 2017||Fri 25 Aug, 2017||£295||£315|
|Fri 25 Aug, 2017||Sun 27 Aug, 2017||£295||£315|
|Mon 28 Aug, 2017||Wed 30 Aug, 2017||£295||£315|
|Wed 30 Aug, 2017||Fri 01 Sep, 2017||£295||£315|
|Fri 01 Sep, 2017||Sun 03 Sep, 2017||£295||£315|
|Mon 04 Sep, 2017||Wed 06 Sep, 2017||£295||£315|
|Wed 06 Sep, 2017||Fri 08 Sep, 2017||£295||£315|
|Fri 08 Sep, 2017||Sun 10 Sep, 2017||£295||£315|
|Mon 11 Sep, 2017||Wed 13 Sep, 2017||£295||£315|
|Wed 13 Sep, 2017||Fri 15 Sep, 2017||£295||£315|
|Fri 15 Sep, 2017||Sun 17 Sep, 2017||£295||£315|
|Mon 18 Sep, 2017||Wed 20 Sep, 2017||£295||£315|
|Wed 20 Sep, 2017||Fri 22 Sep, 2017||£295||£315|
|Fri 22 Sep, 2017||Sun 24 Sep, 2017||£295||£315|
|Mon 25 Sep, 2017||Wed 27 Sep, 2017||£295||£315|
|Wed 27 Sep, 2017||Fri 29 Sep, 2017||£295||£315|
|Fri 29 Sep, 2017||Sun 01 Oct, 2017||£295||£315|
|Wed 04 Oct, 2017||Fri 06 Oct, 2017||£279||£299|
|Fri 06 Oct, 2017||Sun 08 Oct, 2017||£279||£299|
|Wed 11 Oct, 2017||Fri 13 Oct, 2017||£279||£299|
|Fri 13 Oct, 2017||Sun 15 Oct, 2017||£279||£299|
|Wed 18 Oct, 2017||Fri 20 Oct, 2017||£279||£299|
|Wed 25 Oct, 2017||Fri 27 Oct, 2017||£279||£299|
|Wed 01 Nov, 2017||Fri 03 Nov, 2017||£279||£299|
|Wed 08 Nov, 2017||Fri 10 Nov, 2017||£279||£299|
Single supplements apply for single occupancy rooms, please ask for a quotation for details.
This tour starts at 9am on the first day of travel and returns around 6.30pm on the final day of travel. If you require pre or post tour accommodation in central Edinburgh, please let us know.
- Prices are per person based on two people sharing a twin/double room.
- Prices are for land only tours and all tours are subject to availability.
- Prices are correct at the time of publishing to website but are subject to confirmation at time of booking.
- Prices are in British Pounds Sterling (GBP£) currency for approximate amounts in other currencies please contact us.
- All trip details are correct at time of publishing to website however due to the nature of small group tours the itinerary is flexible and is subject to change based on a variety of factors.