5 days / 4 nights
Full sightseeing programme - no extra excursion costs!
+44 (0)2921 660 747
Escorted coach tour: Taste of Scotland
Highlights of Glasgow
Merchant City, Glasgow, Scotland
This morning, make your way to your central Glasgow hotel. Your tour begins from 2:30 pm when you meet your tour director and set out on an introductory tour through the heart of this thriving city. Glasgow flourished in the Victorian era as a result of its prominent shipbuilding industry and international trade and we'll see hallmarks of this prosperous past as we drive around the elegant George Square with its ornate City Chambers amongst other highlights. We'll visit Provand's Lordship, Glasgow's oldest house which dates back almost 600 years but which has been extensively restored and furnished. This evening, join your tour director and travel companions for a welcome drink before dinner.
Accommodation: The Glasgow City Hotel, Glasgow - dinner included.
Highlights: Glasgow City and George Square.
Scottish Lochs and Highlands
Departing Glasgow we pass north along the "bonny banks" of Loch Lomond and through the Trossachs National Park, an area renowned for its unsurpassed beauty. We'll pass through the deep valley of Glen Coe, notorious for the Campbell massacre of the Clan Macdonald in 1692 before continuing to Fort William. At Spean Bridge we'll stop at the traditional Woollen Mill, offering a good selection of quality Scottish goods. Now deep within the Great Glen we embark on a short cruise on Loch Ness to hear the legends and keep an eye out for "Nessie" before making our way to the highland town of Inverness or Nairn for our overnight stay.
Accommodation: Newton Hotel, Nairn - dinner included.
Highlights: Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park, Glen Coe, Spean Bridge Woollen Mill and Loch Ness Cruise.
Whisky Tasting and St Andrews
St Andrews Castle, St Andrews, Scotland
Returning South through the Cairngorm countryside, we make our way to the renowned Blair Athol Distillery in Pitlochry to learn the secrets of how whisky is produced and, of course, sample a dram or two. We then continue to St Andrews, renowned as the "Home of Golf" and for its university, Scotland's oldest, and where Prince William first met Kate Middleton; here you'll enjoy some time to explore independently. Later we drive south to our gracious manor house hotel, set in the countryside near Edinburgh within 1,000 acres of grounds including two golf courses and spa facilities. Tonight we attend a traditional Scottish Evening in the heart of the city to enjoy some local cuisine followed by entertainment to include Scottish story-telling, song and traditional dance.
Accommodation: Marriott Dalmahoy Hotel, Edinburgh - dinner included at Scottish Evening.
Highlights: Distillery tour, St Andrews City and traditional Scottish evening.
Historic Edinburgh and Edinburgh Castle
Edinburgh Castle, Edinburgh, Scotland
This morning we enjoy an insight tour of the principal sights of the majestic Scottish capital of Edinburgh; we'll drive along the bustling Princes Street and through the gracious, wide avenues of the 200-year-old Georgian New Town before walking along part of the Royal Mile where rambling medieval houses reach 11 storeys tall. Then we enjoy a visit to Edinburgh Castle, which dominates the city and is home of the Scottish Crown Jewels. The balance of the day is free for you to explore and soak up the sights independently. For selected departures in August you'll also enjoy reserved seats for the spectacular Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo.
Accommodation: Marriott Dalmahoy Hotel, Edinburgh.
Highlights: Edinburgh City, Edinburgh Castle and Military Tattoo (selected dates).
Tour ends in Edinburgh
Today our programme ends after taking a leisurely breakfast at the hotel. You are then free to return to the airport for a return flight to your home nation, or to make your way in to central Edinburgh to explore further independently or to embark on your onward travel within Scotland or England. Please let us know if you require onward rail travel to London.
Escorted coach tour: Taste of Scotland
- Vistas of the scenic Scottish Highlands
- Enjoy a traditional Scottish evening with food and entertainment
- Tour a working distillery and sample a single malt whisky
- Take a cruise on Scotland's most famous loch, Loch Ness
- Visit historic St Andrews
- 4 nights accommodation in first class hotels, as detailed on itinerary
- Full Scottish breakfast each morning
- All transportation by luxury motor-coach
- The services of your professional tour director
- 3 x evening dinners including: 1 x Scottish evening in Edinburgh and 2 x table d'hote dinners at your hotels per the itinerary
- Complimentary welcome drink on the first day of your tour
- Full Sightseeing tour programme and admissions to include :
- Glasgow City Tour
- Admission to Provand's Lordship, Glasgow
- Visit to Spean Bridge Woolen Mill
- Loch Ness scenic cruise
- Blair Athol distillery tour and tasting
- Visit to St Andrews
- Edinburgh City Tour
- Admission to Edinburgh Castle
- Tickets for the Edinburgh Royal Military Tattoo (selected August departures, please see pricing tab)
- Personal headsets for walking tours and group photo
- All local taxes, hotel service charges & porterage for one suitcase per person
- Expert local advice during the planning of your trip
- This tour includes a complete sightseeing programme - there are no unexpected costs for extra excursions during your tour!
- Pre or post tour hotel accommodation in Glasgow or Edinburgh.
- Rail travel to Glasgow prior to your tour (from any other Britain destination).
- Onward rail travel from Edinburgh after your tour.
- Airport transfers.
Escorted coach tour: Taste of Scotland
DEPARTURE DATES 2017
|ADDITIONAL FEATURES||PRICE PER PERSON
(sharing twin/ double)
|Fri 18 Aug, 2017||Tue 22 Aug, 2017||Tattoo / Guaranteed||£ 899|
|Sun 20 Aug, 2017||Thu 24 Aug, 2017||Tattoo / Guaranteed||£ 899|
|Tue 22 Aug, 2017||Sat 26 Aug, 2017||Fully booked||£ 899|
|Fri 25 Aug, 2017||Tue 29 Aug, 2017||Fully booked||£ 729|
|Sun 27 Aug, 2017||Thu 31 Aug, 2017||Fully booked||£ 739|
|Fri 01 Sep, 2017||Tue 05 Sep, 2017||Fully booked||Fully Booked|
|Sun 03 Sep, 2017||Thu 07 Sep, 2017||Guaranteed||£ 739|
|Tue 05 Sep, 2017||Sat 09 Sep, 2017||Fully booked||£ 739|
|Sun 10 Sep, 2017||Thu 14 Sep, 2017||Guaranteed||£ 739|
|Tue 12 Sep, 2017||Sat 16 Sep, 2017||Fully booked||£ 739|
|Sun 17 Sep, 2017||Thu 21 Sep, 2017||Guaranteed||£ 739|
|Fri 22 Sep, 2017||Tue 26 Sep, 2017||Fully booked||£ 739|
|Tue 26 Sep, 2017||Sat 30 Sep, 2017||Fully booked||Fully Booked|
|Fri 29 Sep, 2017||Tue 03 Oct, 2017||Fully booked||£ 739|
|Sun 01 Oct, 2017||Thu 05 Oct, 2017||Fully booked||£ 649|
|Tue 03 Oct, 2017||Sat 07 Oct, 2017||Guaranteed||£ 649|
|Fri 06 Oct, 2017||Tue 10 Oct, 2017||Fully booked||£ 649|
|Sun 08 Oct, 2017||Thu 12 Oct, 2017||Fully booked||£ 649|
|Tue 10 Oct, 2017||Sat 14 Oct, 2017||Fully booked||£ 649|
|Fri 13 Oct, 2017||Tue 17 Oct, 2017||Guaranteed||£ 649|
|Sun 15 Oct, 2017||Thu 19 Oct, 2017||Guaranteed||£ 649|
|Fri 20 Oct, 2017||Tue 24 Oct, 2017||Fully booked||£ 649|
|Sun 22 Oct, 2017||Thu 26 Oct, 2017||Guaranteed||£ 649|
|Tue 24 Oct, 2017||Sat 28 Oct, 2017||Guaranteed||£ 649|
|Fri 27 Oct, 2017||Tue 31 Oct, 2017||Fully booked||£ 649|
|Sun 29 Oct, 2017||Thu 02 Nov, 2017||Guaranteed||£ 639|
|Sun 05 Nov, 2017||Thu 09 Nov, 2017||Guaranteed||£ 599|
|Sun 19 Nov, 2017||Thu 23 Nov, 2017||£ 599|
Single Supplement: £202.
This tour starts at 2.30pm on the first day of travel and ends after breakfast on the final day of travel. If you require pre or post tour accommodation or onward travel before/after your tour please let us know.
Edinburgh Tattoo tickets - We've included Tattoo tickets for all departures from August 1, 2017 to August 22, 2017 inclusive.
- Prices are per person based on two people sharing a twin/double room.
- Prices are for land only tours and all tours are subject to availability.
- Prices are correct at the time of publishing to website but are subject to confirmation at time of booking.
- Prices are in British Pounds Sterling (GBP£) for approximate costs in other currencies please contact us.
- All trip details are correct at time of publishing to website however are subject to change.
2018 DEPARTURES AND PRICING
We have 2018 tour dates and pricing available and are in the process of updating our website. Please contact us with your preferred dates and we will send you a quotation.