5 days / 4 nights
All of Britain
- Maximum group-size of 40
- Tour Pace - Lively
+44 (0)2921 660 747
Escorted coach tour: Real Britain
Shakespeare's Stratford and Medieval York
'The Shambles', York, England
Meet your tour director in central London. Departing the capital head in to the charming Cotswolds and to Stratford-upon-Avon to visit the birthplace of William Shakespeare where you'll see exhibitions and artefacts relating to the life and times of the great Bard. Continue north to York and take a walk inside the medieval city walls to see the crooked 'Shambles' and gothic masterpiece at York Minster. Tonight, enjoy a Welcome Reception, drinks and fabulous Welcome dinner.
Accommodation: Hilton Hotel, York (dinner included).
Highlights: Cotswolds, Stratford-upon-Avon, Shakespeare's Birthplace, Historic York, The Shambles and York Minster.
Edinburgh, Athens of the North
Travelling north we pass through the Yorkshire countryside and cross the border in to Scotland and the rolling landscapes of the Scottish Borders where we pass the spectacular ruins of Jedburgh Abbey, on route to Edinburgh. On a guided city tour, we see Edinburgh Castle and Holyroodhouse Palace at the end of the Royal Mile before crossing over to Princes Street past the Sir Walter Scott monument to explore the elegant New Town. This evening selected departures attend the Military Tattoo.
Accommodation: The Roxburghe Hotel, Edinburgh.
Highlights: Yorkshire Dales, Hadrian's Wall, Scottish Borders, Jedburgh Abbey, Edinburgh City and Edinburgh Castle.
The English Lake District and Liverpool
Returning south, we cross the Scottish Lowlands to Gretna Green, a romantic small town on the border where traditionally eloping English couple crossed the border to marry. We then continue to the beautiful English Lake District, a region which inspired painters and poets alike. We visit the grave of William Wordsworth in the lake-land town of Grasmere before continuing to the lively city of Liverpool which was named as European Capital of culture in 2008.
Accommodation: Radisson Blu, Liverpool.
Highlights: Gretna Green, Lake District, Grasmere, Liverpool and the Albert Docks.
Historic Chester and Cardiff, Capital of Wales
This morning we leave Liverpool and make our way to nearby former Roman fort town of Chester. Walk along part of the city walls, see the Eastgate Clock, Cathedral, unique black and white timber-fronted 'Rows' and remains of the ancient Roman Amphitheatre. After some time to explore, we continue south through the Border Marches before passing into southern Wales where we head for the charming capital city of Cardiff.
Accommodation: Clayton Hotel, Cardiff.
Highlights: Historic Chester, Roman Amphitheatre and Cardiff City.
Historic Bath and Stonehenge
Bath Abbey, Bath, England
Today we cross the Severn Bridge back into England and make our way to the Regency City of Bath. A UNESCO World Heritage City, Bath is bustling with elegant Georgian architecture; we gain views of the avenues and promenades before seeing the 15th century Abbey and visiting the ancient Roman baths which date back the the 1st century AD. By afternoon, we continue on to the mysterious Salisbury Plain for a visit to the enigmatic standing monoliths of Stonehenge. Later we return through the Wiltshire countryside to London where your tour ends.
Highlights: UNESCO World Heritage City of Bath, Roman Baths, Stonehenge and the Salisbury Plain.
Escorted coach tour: Gems of Britain
- Discover the fascinating story of the great bard's early years inside the timber-framed building at Shakespeare's Birhtplace.
- Tour Edinburgh with a local expert.
- Visit the ancient Roman Baths with its colonnaded pool filled by natural thermal springs.
- Visit Stonehenge and the mysterious monoliths which date back 3500 years.
- Experience the Edinburgh Military Tattoo on selected departures in August.
- Stratford-upon-Avon: Enjoy the architecture of this pretty town nestled beside the River Avon.
- York: Walk within the city walls to see the glorious Minster and the topsy-turvy 'shambles'.
- Scottish Borders: See the ruins of Jedburgh Abbey.
- Edinburgh: enjoy a guided tour and see the spectacular castle.
- Lake District: Learn about the life of the poet William Wordsworth and enjoy inspiring scenery.
- Liverpool: See the famous Liver Building.
- Chester: Walk by Chester's 'black and white' shopping arcades known as the 'Rows'.
- Cardiff: Enjoy an orientation tour of the Welsh Capital.
- Bath: View Bath Abbey and the fine Georgian architecture.
- Scenic drives: Cotswolds, English Lake District, Northumberland Moors, Welsh Marshes, Severn Bridge.
- 4 x breakfasts.
- 1 x evening meal at your welcome reception in York.
- The 4-star Hilton York hotel is conveniently located within the city walls opposite the historic Clifford's Tower. From here it's an easy stroll to most of the city's major attractions.
- The services of your professional Tour Director.
- All overnight accommodation in premium hotels, as per the tour itinerary, featuring twin rooms and private facilities. All service charges, taxes and porterage are included.
- Enjoy the unique comfort of a luxury air-conditioned 40 seat coach with extended leg room and on-board restroom.
- Free wi-fi in most hotel rooms or lobbies and available on most touring coaches.
- Personal radio headsets for all guided visits allowing you to wander without missing any commentary.
- A travel wallet with your tour documentation.
- Maximum group-size of 40 passengers on board.
- Pre or post tour hotel accommodation in London.
- Airport transfers or transport to/from your departure/return cities.
- Your tour already includes a comprehensive sightseeing program however some additional excursions may be available to enhance your trip further - these are fully optional and bookable during your tour.
Escorted coach tour: Gems of Britain
DEPARTURE DATES 2017
|ADDITIONAL FEATURES||PRICE PER PERSON
(sharing twin/ double)
|Sun 28 May, 2017||Thu 01 Jun, 2017||Guaranteed||845|
|Sun 04 Jun, 2017||Thu 08 Jun, 2017||Guaranteed||£ 845|
|Sun 11 Jun, 2017||Thu 15 Jun, 2017||Fully booked||£ 845|
|Sun 18 Jun, 2017||Thu 22 Jun, 2017||Guaranteed||£ 845|
|Sun 25 Jun, 2017||Thu 29 Jun, 2017||Guaranteed||£ 845|
|Sun 02 Jul, 2017||Thu 06 Jul, 2017||Fully booked||£ 845|
|Sun 09 Jul, 2017||Thu 13 Jul, 2017||Guaranteed||£ 845|
|Sun 16 Jul, 2017||Thu 20 Jul, 2017||£ 845|
|Sun 23 Jul, 2017||Thu 27 Jul, 2017||Fully booked||£ 845|
|Sun 30 Jul, 2017||Thu 03 Aug, 2017||£ 845|
|Sun 06 Aug, 2017||Thu 10 Aug, 2017||Fully booked||£ 995|
|Sun 13 Aug, 2017||Thu 17 Aug, 2017||Tattoo / Guaranteed||£ 995|
|Sun 20 Aug, 2017||Thu 24 Aug, 2017||Fully booked||£ 995|
|Sun 27 Aug, 2017||Thu 31 Aug, 2017||£ 845|
|Sun 03 Sep, 2017||Thu 07 Sep, 2017||£ 845|
|Sun 10 Sep, 2017||Thu 14 Sep, 2017||Guaranteed||£ 845|
|Sun 17 Sep, 2017||Thu 21 Sep, 2017||£ 845|
|Sun 24 Sep, 2017||Thu 28 Sep, 2017||£ 845|
|Sun 01 Oct, 2017||Thu 05 Oct, 2017||£ 845|
Single Supplement: £190.
This tour starts early morning on the first day of travel and returns around 6pm on the final day of travel. If you require pre or post tour accommodation in central London, please let us know.
- Edinburgh Tattoo - August 6, 13 and 20, 2017 departures we've included Tattoo tickets.
- Prices are per person based on two people sharing a twin/double room.
- Prices are for land only tours and all tours are subject to availability.
- Prices are correct at the time of publishing to website but are subject to confirmation at time of booking.
- Prices are in British Pounds Sterling (GBP£) for approximate costs in other currencies please contact us.
- All trip details are correct at time of publishing to website however are subject to change.